TARA MCGIMPSEY, CPB
Small Business Manager of Training & Consulting
Phone: (204) 231-6752
As a training manager takes ownership in developing, documenting, maintaining, facilitating, and supervising training programs for Small Business employees. Assesses the needs of our firm, while implementing training and development plans, as well as facilitate a wide variety of training programs that enhance the effectiveness of the Small Business workforce at all skillset levels. Customizes the training according to specific clients’ needs and specifications, including software, so that Small Business employees are able to meet the needs of our clients.
Assist and takes ownership of client accounting, personal tax, and ONBusiness administrative tasks that arise during the year as directed by the Small Business Department Head; including some monthly accounting duties for clients; preparation of complex T1 returns as well as review of Small Business client T1 personal tax returns and T4 Returns.
Accountable For / Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct job specific onboarding training sessions with new Small Business staff.
- Identify and assess the training needs of the small business department through job analysis, career paths and consultation with managers.
- Assess employees’ skills, performance and productivity to identify areas of improvement.
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs using effective and purposeful training methods.
- Develop, document and maintain key processes, work instructions and training manuals that target tangible results.
- Effectively manage the training budget, if and when required.
- Develop and maintain a training matrix to track all Small Business training achieved per employee. Expand on the training matrix requirements as the business needs change.
- Drive ONBusiness brand values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
- Effectively communicate with team members, trainers and management.
- Select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver training.
- Assist in the development of KPI’s to measure and track the effectiveness of the training provided to Small Business employees.
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices.
Designations and Degrees:
- Certified Bookkeeper – Institute of Professional Bookkeepers of Canada (IPBC), 2017